Friday, April 29, 2011

Galaxy on Fire 2: first look review and Valkyrie trailer


It's been almost a year since I've purchased my Ipad and one game that always stood out to me was Galaxy on Fire 2 by Fish Lab games. The reviews at the time were stellar but the price, $9.99 was fairly high. I regret not purchasing this title right away. Instead I bought Star Battalion HD by Gameloft and even though that game was fun and similar to Starfox it dosen't stand up to Galaxy on Fire 2. This game is honestly bigger than most PS3/Xbox 360 games. 



Fish Labs then released a trailer for their add-on to Galaxy on Fire 2, titled Valkyrie. This addition promised some next level spacecraft and some absolutely stellar guided missiles which finally sold me on Galaxy on Fire 2. It is priced at $4.99 Since I'm only about 6 hours into the game I've only completed about ten missions and upgraded my spacecraft twice and I've mined a whole lot of minerals, gold and random stuff. So currently although I've purchased the upgrade I'm still in no position to tell you about it yet. Probably another 6 hours and I'll be there. In the meantime check out the trailer. 



Essentially Galaxy on Fire 2 is a game that has a loose plot-line to follow that involves evil aliens and space pirates attacking normal spacecraft, stations and transport units. As a pilot you can upgrade your spacecraft as much as you'd like from primary weapons to secondary weapons. You can mount gun turrets and improve your radar, install boost units, cabins and drills to extract minerals. There are literally over 15 galaxies all with multiple planets and space stations to discover and trade goods with. Once you get about 3 hours into the game you start earning some good money and you really start to enjoy the upgrading process of the game. I love this game and this one will most likely stay on my Ipad forever. I'm still a newbie but once I get more ships and get into the upgrade (Valkyrie) then I will post a second review. My advice is you buy this title right away or wait for it to go on sale if you can.   









Continuation: So I am now 12 hours into the game and to say this is an addiction would be true. I've been to almost every galaxy and I've switched factions pretty quickly to receive certain weapons, upgrades needed. I am now getting into the Valkyrie add-on but honestly the excitement kind of wears off and the game turns more into a routine. Not to say that I don't love the routine and I find it hard to put down. My spacecraft currently is the Aegir with four mounted primary weapons and four secondary weapons as well. I have just over 2 million in the bank and if I collect enough Buskat then I will be able to unlock my own space-station and store multiple spaceships. I am a bit frustrated that I can't find certain weaponry or spaceships that I've been looking for but maybe I have to continue further in the primary storyline to unlock these features. Either way this is a game that I will continue to pursue and I will keep you up to date with the add-on and my review for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment